Tuesday, June 24, 2008

G is for...

Games, gratitude, and the Gospel!

Our family loves games! Or maybe it's just me...but I am pretty sure Travis enjoys them, too. We play games often and own quite a few. One of our favorites is Ticket to Ride! We like too many to list, but there's one thing for the letter "G".`

Last night I mentioned faith in my "F" blog. So I want to expand on my faith. I think this is the perfect opportunity to share with my family (and friends) my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves and knows each of us personally. I am grateful for this knowledge as it is helpful in life and especially during times of trial. I know He knows who I am, and He knows the struggles I go through. I am grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and to be a member of it. I know it is the true church and that we have a living prophet to guide us at this time. I have a testimony of the life of the prophet Joseph Smith and the work he did to restore this truth for our time, in these days. I am thankful for a good husband who has the priesthood. I have a testimony of the priesthood and the wonderful blessings that come as a result. I know our Savior atoned for not only my sins, but for all of us. As a parent I can only imagine how hard it must have been for our Father to watch His son bear all He did for us. I am eternally grateful for the atonement. I believe and know that I can be with my family forever...and that is so comforting to me. What an opportunity! Marriage is not just until death do us part, but for time and ALL ETERNITY. I feel a deep GRATITUDE for this knowledge; and for the fact that I don't just believe, but that I KNOW it is true.

For anyone who may come upon this blog, and want to learn more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, you can go to http://www.lds.org/

No comments: