Saturday, May 3, 2008

The worst has happened...

...during last night's wedding reception...Riley Paige Anderson lost her purple pacifier that she so lovingly refers to as "Paci". Don't get me wrong, we are glad it is gone, we were going to do this in a week or so...but we are out of town, away from home and it's just too much. While she was too tired last night after the busy day of festivities to even notice(she fell asleep in my arms and slept fine all night)...she refuses to nap this afternoon. She wandered around with tears calling, "paci, paci" and it turned to screaming and her being absolutely beside herself. Daddy finally strapped her into her car seat and left. I hope when he returns she is asleep. Otherwise Travis will be even more grumpy than he already is having to deal with a fussy little girl and a wife who doesn't like being away from home. (Travel is hard with kids...different surroundings, messed up schedules, diets, less privacy, packing for extra people, non-child proof places, etc.) I am just a sit around at home kinda girl. There is no place like home! But we are happy to see the family :) It sure takes a lot out of me though and this is added stress. It breaks my heart to see her so sad. Paci has been a part of her for her whole life (all 618 days of it!). It is hard to see your kid so sad. I guess it is a blessing, really...but I still think this was the worst possible time for it to happen.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

How stinkin cute are your girls!? I mean truly!! You look so happy and I am happy for that! :)