Monday, September 1, 2008

T is for...

thankful, tickle, teething, and of course, TRAVIS!

Yesterday in church Travis and I were asked to say the prayers in sacrament meeting. Travis had opening and I had closing. So at the end of the meeting, I go up, pray, and when I get back to our pew...Travis had this look of amazement on his face and Riley was standing by him with her arms folding, head down, like she was praying. I thought he was just impressed that she was reverent for my prayer but it turns out that wasn't the case. Apparently, she said her own prayer. This is what Travis heard her say, "A Father, thankful day, thankful animals, lion, chicken, elephant..." AND I MISSED IT!!!! Sad! But I am glad Travis got to witness it because he really misses out on a lot when he is at work. I always have cute little things to tell him.

I think I mentioned this in a previous blog but Isabelle has had an entire tooth break through! YAY, kinda... Its nice she will have teeth to eat more foods but teething is a pain!!! She had a diaper rash that was terrible...and while its mostly cleared up, there is still a small one. Luckily it doesn't seem to bother her. I am sure the rash goes along with her teething though. Poor girl.
Tickle, tickle, tickle. I HATE being tickled. And if you ask Travis I am one of THE MOST ticklish people you will ever meet! As much as I hate it, I can't help but tickle our girls. Their sweet laughter is too big a Temptation! And while we tickle our kids we always say, "tickle, tickle, tickle..." And Izzy immitates it now! And what's even better... "tickle, tickle, tickle" were my very first words as a kid (other than the mama, dada, syllables)! Like mother, like daughter! haha.

Lastly...I don't want to get overly mushy or whatever but T is for my Travis! He is the best and my best friend. The girls absolutely adore him. And who needs brothers when you have such a goofy dad? I love to see him play with the girls and Teach them things. (We still hope they will have at least ONE brother someday...but Daddy is good enough!)

Trav with Isabelle after a BYU game. He is so sweet with our girls!!! I love it!

No comments: