Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas was wonderful!

Just thought I would get on here and give a little update about our holiday. We stayed at home and had no visitors but it was really relaxing...aside from the fact that Isabelle was sick (translation: vomiting and runny diapers) for over a week and now has a cold. We all felt a little down at some point for a day or two. But it was still so nice to be home! I almost wish we could do it every year and have grandparents come here...but I don't think people are ready for that idea. We did miss all the Simon family fun and getting to see granny and papa and being with other family members...but relaxing was what we needed. I missed my family, too...but I will always maintain it is easier for any of them to come here than to bring us to them wherever that may be. COME VISIT!!!!

Our girls got spoiled, For being so young though, they didn't need half of what they got. Thanks to the grandparents for the entire new wardrobes! I know the girls don't find clothes that exciting, but I appreciate it more than you can even know!

Santa Claus came...which we had been telling Riley he wouldn't if she didn't start obeying. Oh the two's are fun!!!!!!!!!!!! Riley got Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse and The Little Einsteins figures that ride in Rocket. She is thrilled. The new toys have kept them happy and busy thus far. I wonder how long until they get "old". I actually think they will play with them for a long time. Isabelle got her own little car to ride around because they were always fighting over Riley's Winnie the Pooh one. And she also got a Mickey Mouse keyboard. They of course got lots of other small things, some DVDs, new earrings, socks, Riley got Elmo underpants which she BEGS to wear....but she is still not wanting to learn to use the potty 100% of the time so no luck.....YET. I made a promise to myself that if it isn't happening by February, I am going to put my foot down, grit my teeth, and force it upon her. I know she can do it. She has the communication skills, can pull her pants on and off, and tells us when she needs changed most of the time.
I bought Travis a set of new scriptures that he wanted and seasons 1-4 of THE OFFICE. and he got me a PINK iPod nano and had it customized on the back with a neat design and it says, "Jenna my wife who rocks my life" I love it! He also bought me the game Apples to Apples which I had wanted for a long time! Thanks babe!

Anyway, here are some photos to go along with our Christmas...

This first one of Riley...I cannot believe how much she reminds me of Travis in this picture. Although normally I see more of Travis in Isabelle.
She can't get enough of herself when she gets to be in the mirror

I just love Riley's long, silky hair!!! It is so pretty


On Christmas eve the girls exchanged gifts from each other. Riley bought Isabelle stacking bowls that you can put together to make balls or stack to make a tower and Isabelle got Riley a leotard and a purple Tutu.
Christmas morning. Presents are hidden behind couch arms in this picture though. And Trav and my gifts are way back under the tree in the corner
Riley in her own world opening gifts from Santa
Opening clothes from grandma Barb on Christmas morning while grandma watched via webcam
Sisters with popsicle sticks
MmmmMmmm 'Sicle!
Isabelle having her first popsicle (feeding herself a popsicle for the first time, really) She did really well. We were desperate to get her to eat anything since she was sick.


Isabelle on her new princess car
Riley with Rocket and the other Little Einsteins characters. Except Leo is not in his seat. And if you asked Travis, Qunico is missing too. He made up a fake character named Quinco (a combination of Quincy and Leo and just about had Riley convinced that Qunico was a real character....)
Mickey's Clubhouse!
Sweet girls playing together in matching outfits from our friends Marie and Tyler.
Here is Isabelle in an adorable new outfit courtesy of Grandma Debbie. Thanks! I love pink and brown combinations!
And now for some videos that I promised Sky when he called us on Christmas. Thanks for calling us, Sky! Your last three months will fly by! We can't wait to see you! Keep working hard!















I have to say I am sad to see Christmas is over. Riley LOVES Christmas music, and as you can see Jingle bells was a favorite. But she also liked ANY Christmas music. As soon as she would hear it she would run into the room and pause...or dance/sing along. She also had an advent calendar with chocolates. Everyday she asked for her "Santa Chocolate" and we explained when she ate the last one, Santa would come. I worried she would ask for them even after Santa came but she hasn't, not even once! So I guess she understood the whole concept after all! I think I will try to spend this afternoon putting away Christmas decor since we will be in Las Vegas this weekend for my brother and Kim's wedding! And then Monday I go back to school...wow. This break went too fast!

One last thing, Travis bought me a boom box speaker/dock for my iPod for my birthday yesterday and I love it! He also bought me Taylor Swift's new CD and had our friends Megan and Matt watch the girls so we could go out to dinner. Thanks for everything you do for me, Travis. And thanks to Megan and Matt for being great friends and always being willing to watch the kids so we can get out!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh your girls are so cute. I especially loved the Jingle bells by Riley. Happy New Year!

Steve said...

Jenna, that mirror picture is so funny. Looks like your little one has a lot of personality!