Thursday, November 8, 2007

This pregnancy...

...is almost over-- THANK GOODNESS! With only a little over a month until this baby is born I am getting more and more ready and anxious. While I am worried about the adjustment it will be to add a new baby to the family I am more relieved that I am almost done with my second pregnancy. Riley has no idea how drastically her world is about to change and I feel so bad for her! She has been the center of our universe for the last 15 months (or longer if you include my pregnancy with her). But I think she will handle the change fairly well. It will be fun for her a couple of years down the road when she has a playmate. We talk about Izzy with her but I am sure she doesn't understand what's about to happen.

Anyway...I look forward to taking a break and taking care of myself once this child makes her appearance. It's been pretty hard on my body this time around because I was not ready to go through another pregnancy so soon after the first. But you know what they say, what doesn't kill us...only makes us stronger. As long as I don't lose my sanity in the next few months I might believe that. :P Travis might actually like me again, too... that'll be nice! I'm crossing my fingers. Some days it's a miracle he lives with me. At least I can admit that I am a miserable mess while I am pregnant. If we based how many kids we were going to have on my pregnancies alone this would be it. But I am sure a couple years from now when our girls are potty trained and such we will be ready for another round...it's just not something either of us want to think about for awhile!

No comments: