Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pictures from the last 4 weeks

What a month it has been! I can't believe Lucy is already a month old (tomorrow). Here's the thing about life with kids...when you add another to the mix, all of a sudden you can't remember life before that time. I don't remember what life was like with just one, and I can barely remember what life with two was like now. It may just be me, I have a really bad memory!

Grandma Debbie visited for a week and Grandpa Gary came for a few days as well. The older girls LOVED having them here and talk about seeing them again...they can't wait for the next visits with grandparents. We head to Coeur d'Alene next week and the girls are giddy about seeing Grandma Barb and Grandpa John. They have lots of plans in their heads!

Lucy is such a good baby. She does fuss a bit, but that's because she LOVES to be held and have attention. She is a snugly little girl just like her big sister, Isabelle. She eats well and packed on a full pound between birth and her two week checkup. Since it has been two more weeks since then she has of course, continued to grow and change every day. She sleeps pretty well. Most nights I have to get up twice to feed her. The first time is in the middle of the night, the second time is more around 6 am. Last night however she slept from about 10:30 pm-4:30 am which was great! The only problem is, I woke up at 3:30 wondering when she was going to wake up! Still, I am coping alright with the sleep I am getting. Some days are better than others!

I survived Travis going back to work (which I was dreading for days prior to his return) (Adobe gives dads TWO WEEKS PAID PATERNITY LEAVE. I LOVE ADOBE!). I have also survived my first trip to Wal-mart and Costco (on two different days) with three kids. And yesterday I even took the girls to the Alpine splash park with friends. Still, I would much rather stay home than have to go out with them all without help...because it is EXHAUSTING!
Below are a ton of pics taken over the last 4 weeks...they are NOT in any kind of order.




As you can see, the girls LOVE Lucy and can't get enough of holding her! The transition for them has been much easier than I anticipated *sigh of relief* Kids really are resilient and adjust easily. At least our girls seem to with change and I am super grateful for that! In my head the adjustment was going to be awful and hard on all of us. I think the only person it has been "hard" for is me. And that's just because it's difficult to enjoy a sweet baby when you are trying to recover from giving birth and don't feel so well. (And let's not forget all the raging hormone levels that are all out of whack!) I felt immense joy to have my baby here, but it was hard to enjoy feeling so crummy. Either I had forgotten what it was like the first two times, or this time around it really was harder to recover. I'm not sure which is the case.

Riley reading to Lucy. How cute is that?! Lucy was just chillin on the floor so Riley sat down to read to her. She even read the book upside down so Lucy could see it right side up. lol. Riley is reading SO well it's unbelievable!
Grandma Debbie visited for a week and here she is with our three girls!
Her shirt says "I'll always be daddy's little girl"

Izzy with Aunt Maria at Katie's 1st birthday party







A friend who recently started up a photography business took some newborn pictures of Lucy for us. This is one of them. Check out others at his website!
Her onesie says "Miss Marvelous" I love it!

Izzy can't give Lucy enough kisses. So loving!

Lucy had high bilirubin levels for a few days after birth. We had to take her back to the hospital THREE times and it was stressful to me because my other girls levels were never anywhere near as high as Lucy's were. The above photo is her "sun bathing" in hopes that we could help bring her levels down quicker :) Fortunately on her fourth screening, the number had started to go down, a move in the right direction!

More photos to come in the coming weeks! IF I survive our road trip with three kids, that is!

No comments: